We warmly welcome you to join us at our Open Events to explore effective early language development; systematic synthetic phonics provision; and the promotion of a love of reading. We now have dates for our upcoming events in early 2023-24, these will include:
- Information focusing on early language and vocabulary development; effective synthetic phonics provision; and creating a rich reading culture across school;
- Opportunities to view videos of the delivery of phonics and vocabulary support at Westgarth;
- An opportunity to discuss effective practice in the teaching of phonics and early reading;
- Support to begin auditing and evaluating your own provision in order to develop an action plan;
- Details of how to apply for Hub funding to develop your school’s effective teaching of phonics and early reading (up to £3,000 match funded of £6,000 unmatched, subject to specific criteria).
These events are open to all schools in the Redcar & Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, Sunderland and Darlington local authorities.