List of Literacy Specialists
HOW WILL SCHOOLS BE IDENTIFIED FOR SUPPORT?
English Hubs will:
- Work with local partners including (but not limited to) Local Authorities, Regional Schools Commissioners Offices, Opportunity Area; Boards, National Leaders of Education and Multi-Academy Trusts to identify schools that would most benefit from support, with a focus on schools with high numbers of disadvantaged children;
- Encourage appropriate schools to apply for support;
- Prioritise schools for support based on a set of criteria provided by the DfE.
Each English Hub has a Hub Lead and their own Literacy Specialists. The Literacy Specialists work with the Hub to offer intensive support to schools in implementing or improving systematic synthetic phonics teaching, using programmes approved by the DfE. All Literacy Specialists regularly undertake nationally delivered training provided by the English Hubs Training Centre.
Our Westgarth English Hub team include our Strategic Hub Lead, Jackie Woodhead, Hub Lead, Emma Dixon, together with our team of Literacy Specialists:
- Lucy Atkinson – Together for Children ( Sunderland City Council-Children’s Services)
- Victoria Randell – EYFS Lead at Westgarth Primary School in Redcar & Cleveland
- Emma Spinks – Assistant Headteacher at Westgarth Primary School in Redcar & Cleveland (currently on maternity leave)
- Claire Chapman – Foundation Stage Teacher in Redcar & Cleveland
- Emma Wilson – Foundation Stage Teacher in Stockton
- Rachel Vu – EYFS Lead in Sunderland
- Emma Brockbank – Teacher in Redcar & Cleveland
- Lonia Krywiczanin – Deputy Headteacher in Redcar & Cleveland
- Jo Woodhall – Deputy Headteacher in Sunderland
- Sophie Fowdy – Teacher in Sunderland